Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter & Matt

I just got so excited that Ray and Ashley put a comment that I almost peed myself! I can't figure out myspace and I guess it is a little harder to have "friends" with a blog. Well anyway, I could talk to a brick wall and be happy, but it's nice to know I'm not. Ok, so there are a ton of things going on right now. However, since I am not sure who is REALLY reading this, I don't want to post it all right now. I will just say that I am very close to starting a new chapter in my life (no Mom, I'm not pregnant). It's very exciting and about 10K's more a year...WOOHOO! I'll get into that later, but I don't want to jinx myself in the process. So, let me share my Easter weekend. Steve and I went to church for the first time together as a married couple. I really enjoyed it and was a bit overcome with the love in the room. I was touched. Steve, unfortunately did not care for the musical choices. He is a singer and was actually paid to sing in a church choir for years. He is much more into classical hymns and not all this new aged music. I can relate to that, so we aren't making any decisions yet about joining. We are going to try out a few more churches around here...they are on every street corner in the South you know. As for Easter dinner, we went to the Matney's (his sister's husband's parents). They have this awesome house on Lake Murray that they recently moved into. Amazing. Anyway, as we are there enjoying everyone's company, their neighbors came over and joined us for dinner. They were in their 60's and loving life and each other. The guy then told us he is a retired FBI agent. Wow, I was impressed. Steve and I want to live next to them just to hear their stories (and be on lake front property). Steve's sister Mel came over hopping on one foot. She sprained it walking up the stairs talking on her cell phone. I felt bad for her because she was in a little pain, but she could move her foot so we figured she would be ok. This is bad but all I could think is she is hopping like a bunny on Easter...it just made me laugh.
Last night Matt and I went to Village Idiot and Sharkey's to catch up on everything. Isn't his picture classic. Jessica and Steve should never, never let us go out together. We like to get into too much trouble. Our better haves tend to keep us in check. I had a great time and am very glad not to be sitting in a cell somewhere. :)
I think everyone knows by know that I am no computer wizard. However, I am 90% closer to having my pictures downloaded. I shouldn't promise things I can't deliver, but my computer is a total asshole sometimes. I did give you a good picture of Matt though, so I feel good about that. Talk to you again soon.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your prose is exciting and delicious. Keep up the great work, Honey.
Steve