Wednesday, February 28, 2007

My Personal Hell

So here I am again in my own personal hell that I like to called work. I feel like sometimes I am the only competent one. I know that's not true, but being the GM means that everyone's mistakes fall down on my shoulder. This becomes very tiresome. I always try and have my crap together, but heaven forbid I get a good day off without the whole world falling apart here. Everyone has their good and bad days, but here recently I have been having all bad ones.
However, there are usually a few bright spots in my day at work. For instance, Melissa and Baby Luke came by to see me on Monday. I love Baby Luke! He always makes me smile. He almost makes me want to throw away my good sense and start having children. Steve says we should be married for about two years before we start (which I agree with on most days). But, every time I see Baby Luke I start thinking I'm ready. WE ARE GETTING A PUPPY!!! Or at least that's what Steve wants to do to hold me over. I think this is probably a good idea seeing as how kids are much much more expensive that pups. We are talking about a life time investment...wooo lots of pressure. I am definitely looking forward to that part of my life, but for now it's nice to be able to lock to dogs up and just go. Something tells me that once you have kids, the "locking them in a cage" idea goes right out the window. Well all I can say is, "Thank you Melissa for letting me get my fix through your kids!" Steve really wants you to let me change one of Pook's dipars...he thinks that will help :)

2 comments:

Missy said...

well, anytime you want to change a few diapers, just let me know!

The difference between dogs and kids is that yes, you can lock up the dogs and go on your merry way - but with a baby, you just bring her with you. It was easier with one kid - we took Emmy with us everywhere, and it was kinda fun - out to dinner, to the store, to visit friends. It's a bit harder now with 2.
Although puppies are fun too....!

Anonymous said...

You don' need no more dam dogs!!!!!2 is enough, Steve i may choke you!!!!!