Thursday, March 8, 2007

Meow, Really?

Another day another dollar. I really wish I could get out of this funk I'm in over work. It hasn't sucked this bad in a long time. I really just need some good servers and my life would be a ton easier. It would also help if Melissa and Ashley would start closing again. I guess babies and internships come before Ipie (as they should of course.) Anyway, we will have an awesome time tomorrow celebrating Melissa's birthday! Maybe I'll try to restrain myself from throwing someone's phone or drinking straight out of a wine bottle in public. We can only hope, but if Steve isn't there to chaperon, who knows what will happen.
So my latest thought on a blog topic has to do with my name "Meow." Really, who knows why my nickname is Meow? I have a weird sense of humor and I guess I like the fact that no one knows anymore. I did not just make this up, promise. When I worked at my last restaurant, we were all a bunch of weirdos. It was fun. Right about that time, Super Troopers came out. If you haven't seen this movie yet, you are seriously missing out. In the movie two cops decide it would be funny to play the "Meow Game" when they pull over their next car. The cop has to say "Meow" 10 times to the guy he has pulled over (without the guy realizing he is actually saying MEOW). I memorized the entire scene and can quote it at any time. At Longhorn, we as servers used to play the Meow Game with the guests at our tables. It was WAY too much fun to do. The server who could say Meow the most times with out being caught was the proclaimed champion. As a result of these antics, I became slightly attached to saying "Meow" and it became a part of my vocabulary. Now my staff calls me Meow or Ms. Meow because I say it all the time, and I also have a tendency to pull out the cat claws when people aren't doing their jobs. It is strange, but I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for tomorrow night! It should be fun espically if someone's phone gets thrown!!

Missy said...

Hooray for my birthday!
And I think that it would be funny if cell phones started flying around the room....

And... hey, I close every Tuesday night. Not my fault you work on the wrong nights.... ;)