And it gets worse. I honestly can't complain a whole lot because I really don't have to care much longer, but every one's attitude around "The Pie" is terrible. I guess it is hard because I've been a staple around hear from day one. Maybe I should call myself the glue that holds it together. I don't mean to sound cocky or arrogant, but most everyone around here expects me to hold their hand and wipe their ass. I think it is mostly my fault for letting it get so far out of hand. I was thinking about it the other day, and I feel like my relationship with my staff and management is like a love affair gone bad. Honestly, if you are dating someone and you treat each other the same way for so long, old habits die hard. I dated a guy for a long time in high school and our relationship thrived on fights. We broke up and got back together a year later, and (of course) I believed things would be different. They weren't! We fell back into our old habits and things didn't work out again, thus leaving us both miserable. A lot of people expect me to go above and beyond all the time because that is what they are used to. My problem is I want to work with others who want to excel and do a good job too. It gets tiresome to be the only one who cares and the only one who puts in the effort to make things better, most everyone else is just trying to get by. At this point, my KM isn't speaking to me because I refused to take a delivery when I was getting off work. His brother was the delivery driver but refused to take the delivery because someone hurt his feelings and wouldn't let him take a catering order a few days ago. Boo F***in Hoo! I am not going to do someone else's job because his ass is on his shoulders. I suppose a realization is emerging amongst most of my staff members. I am still putting in the same effort I always did, but right now I don't care what they think of me. I am making them do their work, and I refuse to hold their hands any more. I only have 9 more shifts to get through, and then who's going to do it for them? I can guarantee that the person coming over to take my place is not going to be as nice as I have been to them. If you give someone an inch, they will take a mile...I've been walked on for long enough.
On another note, I am so excited about my new job! I can hardly contain my enthusiasm. I am ready to get on with it and start learning some new things. I went to fill out my paperwork at the West Columbia location. It was awesome. They did $2500 during the three hours I was there...for a freakin' Tuesday lunch. We don't usually do that all day on Saturday if that tells you anything. I am going back to the style of restaurant I know and love. There is a list for everything they do...I LOVE LISTS! I know that sounds weird, but really I love to check lists off and feel accomplished when I am done. I am going to be a much happier human being now that I am going to be a part of a real TEAM! YEAH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment